Sunday, May 16, 2010

So…it’s been over a year since I last updated and I guess you could say a lot has changed and yet not much has changed. I think the best way to update is just to go by the months since I last wrote and see what has happened.


January 2009-
- Dave and I were in New York. Dave started his internship.
- We were staying with my Aunt Johanna who was extremely generous in sharing her space with us.
- I interviewed for a couple of jobs but to no success because we were only going to be in NY till April.
- I had been talking with someone I work with in Idaho and she told me that if I wanted to I could work from home they would send me a phone. YES!
(The pictures below are of when we went to the Empire State Building and the Natural History Museum)


February 2009-
- Still in New York. Dave is really enjoying his internship.
- I am bored out of my mind because I got my phone and it wasn’t connecting correctly. I called the people that were supposed to help me but they were fairly busy.
( The pictures below are of when we went to Central Park and then when we went to 9/11 memorial museum. The caption under the lamb stuffed animal read, “This lamb was recovered from the top of the collapse pile. Tattered, torn, and looking sadly up from the rubble, he was cradled in the arms of a firefighter. We all wondered, if he could survive, why couldn't the others?”)


March 2009-
- Still in New York. Dave is still enjoying his internship.
- I finally got my phone working so I could work! Started working from home and it was a little strange being 2 hours off from the people I was working with.
- Started looking for housing for going back to Idaho. It took so long and we could barely get anyone to respond to our requests. We were put on a number of waiting lists. BUT finally after at least 3 weeks of looking we got a contract.

April 2009-
-We flew out of NY on the 13th and got back to Idaho on the 16th.
- We spent time in UT making sure my niece still had a memory of us and if not we would burn a new one in.
- Moved into our apartment and started school on the 20th.

May 2009-
- We both were doing work and school. I worked at Salt Lake Express and Dave at the testing center.

June 2009-
- Work and school.

July 2009-
- Celebrated the 4th in UT, we went to the parade and then did fireworks at my Aunt and Uncle’s house.
- Spring semester ended.
- We celebrated out 1 year anniversary (I had to work).
(The picture below is from the 4th of July parade. I love the parade!)


August 2009-
- I turned 22! (A couple months ago someone asked me how old I was and I said 19 and then I didn't realize it right away so I couldn't take it back because then I would look crazy for not knowing my own age.)
- Dave started a LSAT prep course in Salt Lake City and rode the shuttle down and back every Saturday.
- Greg got married so we went to UT for the ceremony and other festivities. We also went to California for those festivities.
- On the way to CA we stopped in St. George and stayed at my grandparent’s condo. That was really fun!
- We went to the beach in CA and to the San Diego Zoo.
(The pictures below are of Greg and Amanda on their wedding day. And when we went to the San Diego Zoo.)



September 2009-
- Dave turned 26!
- We started fall semester.
- Dave continued his weekend trips to Salt Lake City.

October 2009-
-We both were busy with school and work.
- Matt, Kerry, and Lil’ Mack came to visit Rexburg.
(The picture below is from when Matt and Kerry came to visit and we went to feed the ducks.)


November 2009-
-We were both still busy with school and work.
- Had a low key Thanksgiving because I had to work. :(
December 2009-
- The semester ended.
- We drove to UT on the last day of school and it was so foggy we could barely see the car in front of us.
- Left from UT to go to MEXICO!!!!
- Returned from Mexico and spent time in UT with my familia (as you can see I learned Spanish while in Mexico)
(The pictures below are from Cancun, the first is the family at Chichen Itza (41 of us total), the second is at the pool at our resort.)




January 2010-
-It’s a new year and we are still in school and working.
-This is the beginning of Dave’s last semester.
-Dave started applying for law schools.

February 2010-
- I applied for student teaching, woohoo! I can almost see the end.
- I applied to be the VP/President elect for Education Society. And got it!

March 2010-
- Busy with school and work.

April 2010-
- Dave graduated with a BS in Communications!!! YAY!!!!
- Dave got accepted to Thomas M. Coolley Law School in Lansing, MI. WAHOO! (We’re like 97% sure we’ll be moving there)
- I finished winter semester and started spring semester MY LAST SEMESTER OF CLASSES.
- I found out I have to wait to student teach in the Jan. 2011 since we still don’t know 100% where we are going to be.
(The pictures below are from Dave's Graduation. The first is him walking to get his diploma cover and the other is Dave and Katie they both graduated)

May 2010-
- Dave got a job at WalMart. Which means…
- I can now quit! Its been a good long run at Salt Lake Express but I’m ready to move on and now I can!

That’s our over a year update……I can’t even imagine what is to come next. We’ll be moving at the end of July and who knows where exactly that will be.

3 comments:

Josh and Alice said...

Hooray you finally posted! I've been waiting. :o) I've totally forgotten how old I am sometimes when people ask me...it's so scary! Let me know when you're 100% sure you're moving to MI. Great pictures!

Heather Macbeth said...

Consider yourself officially stalked now that I have FINALLY discovered your blog. I have waited for this day, Deanna. A. LONG. TIME. Now I can know all about you even though there is such a depressing distance between us. You better update a bunch. Or else.... I don't know. I guess I'll be mad or something....

katy said...

Deanna!! It is about time. I quite enjoyed the update, however, there is still no picture of your quilt! :) Mexico looked SO fun! (Did I know you were going there??) Hooray that Dave graduated and you might be moving to Michigan. How exciting!! Please post more often so I know what's going on in your life. And perhaps we can still chat on gmail from time to time. If you're ever in the Brigham City/Tremonton area, you should stop and visit!