This summer hasn't been particularly exciting, mostly because I am pregnant. We have done a few fun things though.
We have made a couple trips down to Utah to visit family. We did the usual 4th of July celebration at the Stadium of Fire. Truman fell asleep during the fireworks show.
We went to the zoo.
We went to some community events, one in particular was called the Ping Pong Ball Drop. An airplane flies over and drops ping pong balls for people to collect then redeem them for prizes.
We visited the Potato Museum.
We celebrated Truman's 2nd Birthday.
Dave had a CLE conference in Sun Valley, ID.
Truman and I went camping for one night with my parents and my oldest brother's family (I wouldn't recommend camping with a 2 year old at 8 months pregnant. It wasn't the most comfortable of situations.).
A good amount of family of three time had been spent outside playing. Truman got a Frisbee for his birthday and we have had a lot of fun going to the park or the church grounds to play. We are lucky enough to have Jensen's Grove Pond Park just a couple minutes drive from us. It has a lake, a walking path, and playgrounds. Truman loves to go there and throw rocks into the lake, race Dave on the walking path, and swing.
All winter long I looked forward to Summer and now that it is at the end I feel like it never happened. I guess it's still an adjustment for me that Dave and/or I are not students with a Summer off for care-free fun.
In the last couple weeks I have been in "nesting" mode. However, my nesting mode does not consist of putting together a cute nursery, it was mostly a complete re-haul on our apartment, making it organized (I confess- I did not do this when we first moved in, having morning sickness just after moving in did not help my already lack of motivation in unpacking our stuff) but now I can say that we are more organized! I still have a handful of small projects but that should be completed shortly.
![]() |
| These boxes were stacked in our kitchen for months. The tallest stack goes to the ceiling. Now the boxes are gone, thank goodness! |



No comments:
Post a Comment