
The mouse's scheme: To live in my humble home and eat any scraps mistakenly left within its reach.
The man's (Dave and I) scheme: Get rid of the disease tracking rodent!!!
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
As mentioned before, our little furry squatter has been playing it shy. We had three traps set. One baited with peanut butter given to us by the maintenance man. And two other d-Con traps that came already baited. As it turns out the furry little dude somehow helped himself to the peanut butter on the first trap and wasn't caught. The other two traps were untouched. So, to up the ante on the "catching the mouse" scheme I decided to stick half a Reese's Pieces candy in the trap. Yup, he came along and ate the candy and went back to his hiding place. I can just see him now sitting in his favorite spot- legs crossed, wearing his nicest ascot, smoking a pipe, with his newest prize of delicious peanuty candy sitting on a table next to him, and he is laughing at our failed attempts. Finally, at my wits end I decide to stick the candy on the little trigger that sets off the trap instead of just arbitrarily placing it in the trap.
Schhhhhhhhhhhhmack!!!!
Got him.
Much to my dismay I actually miss my unplanned companion. It seems my scheme has gone askew. I thought I wanted this but now I'm not so sure. So, as Dave places him ever so gently (I'm sure) in the plastic Meijer bag and ties the top shut. I say to my mousy pal:

But what is the true moral of this tale? d-Con should partner with Reese's Pieces...they'd get better results.
;)
2 comments:
the question is...are you sure there was only one? hahahaha
We had a mouse in our house a couple weeks ago, too!! In our KITCHEN, no less, so I had to go through all the kitchen drawers and clean them thoroughly with bleach (and remove the mouse poop.) That's awesome you're living in Michigan now! And the daycare sounds like it might be a bit more "exciting" than SLE. :)
Post a Comment