**Be warned this posting contains graphic descriptions of daycare activities**
Working at the blessed daycare has instilled in me skills or how do I put this- short cuts - I’m not sure. But as I repeat again, I think all future moms should work in a daycare at sometime. It isn’t just babysitting it’s more like babysitting on steroids. Everything you do you track for each child and you have to be timely on everything. 4 kids= 15min to change diapers and wash hands (and press repeat we do this every 2 hours). YEAH RIGHT! Not to mention keeping track mentally of every kids allergies. That carrot that “Angel A” just threw on “Angel B’s” plate could’ve sent the child into a catatonic state (we'll be watching Angel B like a hawk now and pray nothing happens). Like I said babysitting on steroids. With that said there are the sweet moments- when one of the Angels runs to you and gives you hug (and then shortly after, hits you on the head with a bucket :) ).
So, what is it that might perTURD you?? Well, today in one of my more glorious moments the blessed Angel that is, well, on the larger side (a one year old wearing 4T is large, cute but still large) left me quite the nice little surprise. And here at the place of my employment, to maximize diaper changing efficiency the kids stand to be diapered. So…lets just say I knew I had something or should have had something in the diaper when I could see racing marks on inside lining. I’m sure you can see where I am going with this. As this child is standing in front of me I must begin the (there is no better way of saying this) poop removal. I wasn’t lucky enough to get a diaper of how shall I put it- rabbit pellets. It was opposite of that and what any person that has to deal with poop would want it to be. I'll let your imagination decide what it was like. I’ll give you a break so that you can begin to do what I started to do. That’s right. Dry heave. I am sitting there with the child being changed just staring at me and three other toddlers. My eyes are watering and I’m just trying to keep my lunch down. Things get even worse at this point. I am wearing gloves and the kid is wiggling now and I can’t get myself put back together. There is no relief! I know what is still waiting for me I don't think I need to go on…….eventually I was able to pull it together and clean the munchkin up. Needless to say after my episode of dry heaving we didn’t make the 15 minute mark.
And thats your daily dose of daycare drama.
2 comments:
haha that is awesome! hahaha you are sooo much more prepared in becoming a mom than I am! pop those babies out :P
Luckily when you change your own baby, for some reason, the diapers don't bother you AS much...though of course there's a limit to that. :o)
Post a Comment