I, like this tv stand, have made the rounds but have made my way back to Michigan.

We have been here for just over a month and we have already fallen into the wonderful routine of monotony. :) Now, I'm not complaining because I would rather have monotony then having a routine of catastrophes. But some excitement wouldn't hurt. It makes me realize how much I took being in school for granted. I mean each week and each semester held new assignments and new experiences.
Even with the monotony of daily life I have to admit that Michigan has completely different experiences to offer. For example, the view we have at our complex looks like this.

That’s right, we have a porch to sit at that looks over the Grand River that flows right past our apartment. I feel like living in the Midwest has reminded me that there are trees and lots of them in this world! They line the highways and they are just everywhere! It’s nice to be a part of nature again.
What’s that you say? Oh, what is the monotony of daily life that I keep alluding to? Well, 3 weeks after arriving in Michigan I applied to a daycare to try to gain employment. I had wanted to do the substitute teaching thing but there is a two hour meeting I have to attend first and I won’t be able to do that till the end of October. So, the daycare was hiring and I applied and was subsequently hired. I am now an employee of: (Appletree Christian Learning Center)

I am a glorified babysitter. However, in the short time that I have worked there I have come to the conclusion that all future mothers should at sometime experience being a daycare employee. The things you learn! When assigned 4 toddlers and forced to change all 4 of their diapers in a confined bathroom that is fully stocked with bazillions of diapers, wipes, and diaper rash ointment all at the reach of little toddler fingers and a toilet just the perfect size for kids to play in…you learn how to control the waiting “angels” and change those diapers quickly and efficiently.
So, my days are spent working at the daycare and Dave has been hard at work at Law School. And I thought that he studied a lot when we were both at BYU-I!!! I admire him for his dedication; I would never be able to be as disciplined as he is in studying that’s for sure. And that is our monotonous life. I go to work all day and Dave goes to school all day. I feel like we have pressed the repeat button on daily life.
However, a wrench has been thrown into our daily/weekly/monthly routine. In 13 days I will be getting on a plane to go and visit family and meet the newest addition to it! I am beyond excited. I mean wouldn’t you be if these two were a part of your family???

Unfortunately, Dave isn’t going to be able to go much to my disappointment (and I am sure to Lil’ Mak’s). But I know that Dave won’t be too lonely because he won’t be left alone. In our move to Michigan we have not only acquired a new home but a new pet. Say hello to this guy! That’s right! We have a mouse in our house. Eeek! I know it’s horrible. We have traps set to catch the furry little guy but he’s being so dang shy.

1 comment:
Oh Deanna!!! I , too, discovered trees once again when I left Rexburg! Such a wonderful experience. Much like the one you are having at daycare. I can see that you are LOVING every precious, melt-your-heart moment that you spend there. FYI your niece is ridiculously adorable!!!
Post a Comment