Buffy is a pretty fearless dog for the most part. She will attack and eat spiders, earwigs, beetles, hornets, bees, a dead birds head to name a few BUT she is extremely fearful of ants and house flies. In our current apartment we are able to block off the entire kitchen so that Buffy has a place to stay that is not carpeted in case she has an accident when we aren't home. Occasionally I will put Buffy in there when I am home because she becomes so worked up and doesn't realize that she is tired and needs a nap. This is how I found out about her fear of ants. She would just sit on her little bed and whine, and whine, and whine because there was an ant crawling on the floor next to her. She wouldn't stop until I removed the ant.
Most recently she has become fearful of house flies. We don't have a screen on one of our windows so we get flies in our apartment sometimes. When there is a fly Buffy becomes completely paranoid and fixated on the fly. When she spots it she runs around with her tail under her trying to get away. Most of the time if I can't seem to get rid of the fly I have to lay her next to me and put a blanket over her so that she doesn't see or hear the fly. With all that said, Dave and I are awful pet parents because we capitalized on her fear in the following video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I almost peed in my pants when i watched that movie. I officially am in love with buffy. She has as much personality as both of y'all (in a good way). Fyi skyler asked me what i was doing while i was reading this post and i said, "I'm reading your aunt Deanna's blog." I now expect you to give them presents every birthday and christmas. Money is also accepted. Welcome to the family.
Post a Comment