It's an interesting thing working at a daycare. It has opened my eyes to how you can provide many simple and cost effective activities for kids that keep them engaged, active and learning all through the day. This is the daily schedule I have for my classroom. However, not only do I have to make sure we are going from one activity to the next, my staff (which is just one other person) and I are having to do our daily chores- prep art, decorate the walls, do paperwork, do cleaning chores- sweeping, mopping, 3-step cleaning tables, dishes, laundry, organizing etc., planning the next week's activities. And then also meeting the individual needs and wants of each kiddo. It's kind of crazy. Nap time really is the best part of the day!
On another note, today I had to have a meeting with my staffer to work out a plan for our next week. We had our director and another co-worker that has been working in our room for the past couple weeks cover for the one hour that we were scheduled to be out of the classroom. Halfway through we came back into the classroom to ask our director a question. Approaching the door all we can hear is screaming/crying children. We walk in and the only thing that is said to us is, "We can't get them to stop crying!" Within seconds we get the kids calm and then in 5 minutes we had them asleep. Its moments like this that affirm for me that I am doing something right (I guess it does help that all the kids were exhausted, probably from the long weekend)! But really its insane to think that within minutes of leaving my classroom everything falls apart. Even with people that have been in my classroom before!
I have no pictures to post BUT here is a little boy band love! You're welcome.

1 comment:
You brave woman. That looks like entirely too many diaper changes in my eyes :)
Post a Comment