Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Things I never thought I would say at my place of employment

To keep the anonymity of the kiddies I work with (I like to say I work with the kids and not for the kids but I guess some days that is questionable) I will use the names Franklin and Sheila.

I ask this to a number of different kids daily.
Me: Do you hear the sound Sheila is making?
Franklin: Ya.
Me: Does it sound like a happy sound??
Franklin: No.
Me: Then I don’t think that is a fun game Sheila wants to play, so please stop.

Franklin spitting on the climbing structure while being Spiderman
Me: Franklin! When can we spit?
Franklin: When we brush our teeth.
Me: Ok, so please do not spit and besides Spiderman does not spit he is shooting webs not spitting.
Franklin: Ok.

Me: Sheila, please do not pretend your milk is lotion. We only drink our milk. If you keep using it as lotion you will be all done with your milk.

Me: Franklin, when we are all done washing our hands we use a paper towel to dry our hands. We do not lick our hands.

Me: Please do not hug your friends from behind. Your friends do not like how your arms squeeze their neck.

The next two quotes have to do with potty training or are related to potty training subjects. So if you are offended easily stop reading now, otherwise welcome to a common conversational subject that is addressed daily.

Franklin: I pooped on my mom’s face.
Me: Did you really do that?
Franklin: No.
Me: We shouldn’t say things like that. And we only use potty words when we are in the bathroom.

Me: Poop comes out your butt. Just like when you toot.


And the puppy photo phix (see what I did there?)

Old School Picture. She was so teeny tiny! (About 2 weeks after we got her)

Another Old School Picture. She loves sun bathing! Please note that this was before she had all her immunizations and so she could not be groomed. She was getting a little shaggy.

4 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

Love the poop quotes. Awesome. :)

Josh and Alice said...

Oh my goodness. This is so true. I heard myself saying the weirdest things teaching kindergarten...that wouldn't have made sounded so funny out of context and to non-teachers.

Unknown said...

I laughed aloud many a time while reading this.

My favorite: "Your friends do not like how your arms squeeze their neck."

.matt

Chelsea said...

haha So funny!